20 Things about Aspen GroveSeptember 13, 2021 | by AspenGrove | Aspen Grove, Littleton Colorado
Did you know Aspen Grove has been greeting, hosting, and entertaining customers for twenty years! It seems like just yesterday that the corner of Santa Fe and Mineral was a blank hayfield with cows meandering and tractors making their own paths.
Fast forward to 2021 and Aspen Grove hosts nearly 50 stores, employs over 800 people, and has more than 10,000 cars visiting per day. One of the first Lifestyle Centers, Aspen Grove has earned a place in the hearts of our community through special events, friendly customer service. Our dedicated followers provide praise and suggestions, come rain or shine, and return with multiple generations.
Aspen Grove has evolved over the years. We stay current with trends, welcome new stores, and maintain the property at a higher standard. Our annual flowers have won awards for their beautiful blossoms, local senior homes bring field trips for viewings, and families use them for photo backdrops. In the fall, we have expanded our decor to include pumpkins and cornstalks and at the holidays we have evolved from 80’s turquoise and mauve to the current white lit trees…and some surprises coming this year!
We hope you enjoy this recap of highlights of Aspen Grove through the years and learn some new tidbits about our neighborhood Center. Check out our Anniversary Virtual Scrapbook to see photos and more details!
Over the last 20 years, Aspen Grove has:
- Grown from a hayfield to a nearly 300,000 sq ft shopping center. Local resident, Royce Smith, remembers working the hayfields before Santa Fe Blvd existed and still “works the land” by picking up surplus food from Panera and taking it to community families in need.
- Grand Opened in November of 2001 as a new trend of “Lifestyle Centers” and an exciting new development for the City of Littleton. At the opening. a loyal AG shopper won a trip to Bora Bora and the Wells Fargo Wagon road through!
- Achieved the record for the largest dog wedding ceremony with 178 pairs of dogs attending. The event was hosted in May 2007 and we still hold the Guinness World Record today!
- Announced the first Apple store in Colorado, and one of the first in the nation, while they were still just a rumor in the industry!
- Maintained a unique mix of national and local brands, many of which are still destinations at Aspen Grove today such as: Aveda, Eddie Bauer, J.Jill, Lane Bryant, Pottery Barn, Talbots, Williams Sonoma. A few of our store managers have worked onsite since opening!
- Hosted an average of 20 signature events each year creating a special gathering place for our community. A few of our favorites include: Family Films, Trick-or-Treat Streets, and 13 years of A Paris Street Market events.
- Celebrated every day moments and connected with friends and loved ones through an average of 200,000 cards sold at our Amy’s Hallmark store per year. Hallmark worldwide sells close to 6 billion cards in more than 30 languages!
- Crowned a dog-friendly mascot annually to welcome your furry family members to shop at Aspen Grove. Our dog-focused events support the local Humane Society.
- Surpassed 10,000 likes on Facebook while maintaining a close and connected relationship with our social followers during the challenges of 2020..
- Served nearly 200,000 caffeinated beverages and 71,500 bakery items to our shoppers at the Aspen Grove Starbucks alone! Plus, Starbucks supports the community in need through donations of any surplus to the Food Bank of the Rockies.
- Offered 4,000 hours of job skills and bicycle service training for interns and community members through GoodTurn Cycles. They have also rent over 2,500 e-bikes each year since they opened in 2016!
- Provided a meet up location for pre and post-ride dining while accessing the South Platte River Trail and Carson Nature, just .1 miles from Panera Bread.
- Enjoyed sweet treats while shopping – from cupcakes at Butterscotch Grove and chocolates from See’s candies to 1522 peach milkshakes sold in just one month at Chick-fil-A.
- Delivered over 1,000 Love Letters to bring joy to front line workers and patients, each hand made by local families. Received hundreds of letters to Santa in our big red mailbox.
- Nourished many through our fabulous restaurant line up. Ted’s Montana Grill serves over 50,000 burgers, 75,000 half sour pickles and 400 pounds of strawberries per year, at the Aspen Grove location alone.
- Made a difference through long-standing community partnerships including dog adoption events with the Humane Society, blood drives with Vitalant, food drives with IFCS and more.
- Hosted an average of 10,000 cars per day stopping through our massive parking field to offer front door service to our shops and restaurants.
- Created award-winning garden beds with 2,000 bulbs planted onsite and another nearly 10,000 plants added annually to create this plentiful look. Over 8 years Bloom has been planting, that is 77,000 annuals!
- Celebrated Tattered Cover’s 50 years in business as Colorado’s book store. The Aspen Grove store hosts author signings and book club meetings, and has sold an average of 7,400 books per month, since opening in 2015.
- Welcomed costumed Ghostbusters, Storm Troopers, and more to attend themed movie events at Alamo Drafthouse Cinema since opening in 2013 – and they will be returning before year-end 2021!
And we could not have done it without you, our community. Through our 15000 emails per year, more than 1,000 Facebook posts, and more, we share our happenings with you and feel your love back. We look forward to sharing more everyday moments with you!
Thank you for shopping, dining, and playing at Aspen Grove.